Here's what's in this week's issue of The Week magazine
20th August 2022
- Main stories: Starmer’s big idea: A fix for the energy crisis?
- Controversy: Afghanistan, one year on
- People: Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: “I am not the same person I was”
- Best International article: Blaming the victim: has Amnesty gone soft on Putin?
- Best British article: Marriage is now a middle-class privilege
- Health & Science: “Cat people” aren’t good with cats
- Talking points: Britain: a nation in steep decline?
- Obituaries: Olivia Newton-John: The singer and actress who will be forever Sandy
- The Last Word: Sewage sleuths: the duo who uncovered the truth about our rivers
Subscribers: Read issue in full here.
To make sure you don't miss out on our unique coverage of the new, incisive comment and debate, start your trial subscription and your first 6 issues are free!
Don't forget, you'll also find out about the latest streaming services, arts, books, music, food + drink, entertainment - and much, much more!
Find out what else you'll discover in The Week magazine here.
See what some of our readers think...
The Week is the ideal paper for those who are too lazy or too busy. I am both and proud of it.
It's not just excellent and succinct, but witty too.
It's the quickest way of finding out what's been happening all over the world.